Friday, March 12, 2010

Long hiatus because of my Graduation Project thesis. It is really no joke. Now you tell me to write any random 800-word essay (which I have to, for another module), I will be able to churn out quite quickly considering I've already written more than 9500 words. It's not over yet, I still need to fine tune my arguments but at least the main structure is already out.

So the latest news is Jack Neo's infidelity (I am still in touch with the world okay).



When news of Jack Neo's infidelity broke out, I was first disgusted, then enraged - isn't he a Christian? Haven't I read somewhere he is Christian? I was super sian.

I slapped my forehead in frustration. Great. Infidelity... and of all things, he is a Christian.
In my mind, I wanted to throw stones at him.

Firstly, I was angry that he is Christian. What sort of example are you setting and telling everyone as someone famous?

Secondly, I am angry his wife will be hurt. Women really lose out in such matters. As a woman myself, I doubt I can tolerate it if I find out that my husband have been cheating. I will definitely do something violent towards him... then, cry my guts out.

But I said no, who am I to judge him? Who am I to pick up the stones? Who am I to say there's a speck of sawdust in his eye when I have a plank in mine?

Read this short account of Jesus and a woman who committed adultery from the Bible and you will understand:

The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Sometimes, I think Jesus is a bit idiosyncratic. We want to punish a man according to what he deserves. Jesus did not disagree, instead he turn and question us... "Do you not have sins yourself"?

So probably Jack Neo committed infidelity which seems big because it is exposed. If we were to expose our own lives, we will probably discover that we are filled with greed, lust, envy, or have done "little things" that do not seem to matter (for eg. taking something in the office/school that does not belong to you, closing your eyes to the elderly man who needed a seat).

LOW sin doesn't mean no sin.

I'm not trying to say I accept such behaviour. I detest it. I loathe men, who justisfy that they have "needs", and go out and fool around. I LOATHE men who have sex with women they don't intend to have commitments with. If you still want to commit with other women when you're already married, I HATE YOU EVEN MORE!

I only have my rights to be angry, but not to judge.

I guess for Jack Neo now, one advice for you: "Go now and leave your life of sin.", just like what Jesus told the woman who committed adultery.

Now, this is the reason why Jesus came to save. Imperfect, we all are.


What to expect from here
FLASHBACK
CREDITS
Celts